Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Jesus I Never Knew


Jesus. Who was he? Who IS HE? Outside of the Bible, Yancey's book has influenced my thoughts on Jesus of Nazareth more than any other work. I believe you can never fully knew Jesus, because his character is infinite. But I am absolutely confident that the act of knowing him is the meaning and source of life.

Here's a snippet from the Amazon review:
"In The Jesus I Never Knew, Yancey explores the life of Jesus, as he explains, "'from below,' to grasp as best I can what it must have been like to observe in person the extraordinary events unfolding in Galilee and Judea" as Jesus traveled and taught. Yancey examines three fundamental questions: who Jesus was, why he came, and what he left behind. Step by step, scene by scene, Yancey probes the culture into which Jesus was born and grew to adulthood; his character and mission; his teachings and miracles; his legacy--not just as history has told it, but as he himself intended it to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment