Sunday, January 30, 2011

The ABC Toy Chest



The Muppet's...what's not to love about them? Bert and Ernie were always my favorite (tucked into bed with me at night), but Herry Monster makes an exciting read in this colorful alphabet book. Perfect for read-alouds and early readers. My sister and I grew up on these books. Mom and Dad read to us from the extensive collection, and we would spend our free time picture-reading to ourselves. These Sesame Street books are classics in my opinion!

Tomorrow is Day 1 of tutoring at GSU's Urban Literacy Clinic. My classmate and I get to work with a kindergarten group for an hour or so every Monday. I'm thrilled to work with the little kiddos! Nothing grabs my heart more than watching a young child take ownership of their reading. Last fall I began my K-12 practicum experience in a high school. Four months later, I'am down to K-level. And it feels like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment