Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Adventures of Tintin



Over the next few days I'll be writing about Les Aventures de Tintin, one of Europe's most popular children's series. Tintin is a Belgian reporter who travels the world, tackling daring adventures with his precocious fox terrier sidekick, Snowy. The Belgian comic book series was originally published by Hergé (George Remi) in French, but has since been translated into numerous languages. I grew up reading the English version of Tintin's mystery, political suspense, science fiction, fantasy and comedy. During my visit to the Decatur library today, I was delighted to pick up a copy of The Red Sea Sharks en français. I can't wait to revisit a childhood favorite in my second language! I'm curious to see what was lost in translation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment