Monday, January 17, 2011

Little Town on the Prairie


Laura is a teacher! As a bright student and a dutiful sister, Laura acquires her teacher certification so that she can support older sister Mary's education at the college for the blind. Talk about a dedicated fifteen year old. Just thinking of her entering her classroom for the first time thrills me to the core! On a side note, tomorrow I begin my final student teaching assignment at a Decatur Elementary school. Laura Ingalls Wilder's relentless curiosity and thirst for learning have always inspired me.  In some small way, she deserves credit for my current career track. You're my hero, Laura! Apparently Almonzo Wilder thought she was too cool for school himself. He requests permission to walk her home from church *OOOHOOOH*, heralding a new season of friendship...and more to come! Ahh, there's nothing better than a coming of age- teacher tale with a side of heart-flutters and sweet nothings.

No comments:

Post a Comment